APPLY NOW: ANSA MCAL TRADING LIMITED is a dynamic sales & marketing organization powered by a group of passionate and energetic people. We are seeking to recruit qualified individuals for the following positions.
The incumbent will be required to implement and maintain data storage and access by maintaining and designing physical databases, participate in database and application architecture review, capacity planning, database configurations, standard database management procedure setup, as well as application specific database and application procedure development.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide timely support to ensure efficient and reliable operation of all corporate database infrastructures, including tests, maintenance, backups, break / fix support, patching, upgrading, database server tuning and replacement as required.
- Maintain proper documentation and support internal IT processes. Documentation to include internal team support documents, database design standards published for developers and any other documents as needed.
- Support IT processes such as change management, incident management, problem management and the implementation of changes, upgrades, etc. according to the Group’s change control procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Monitor transaction activities and improve the performance of all databases and report abnormal discrepancies to the Line Manager
- Provide IT support for Help Desk calls or email support requests.
- Monitor and provide statistical information on system and application performance and provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time as directed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (in a computer related program) is required.
- At least 5 years work experience in a related field, with increasing responsibilities for management and support of information systems and information technology.
- Database administration certification (SQL Server certifications would be considered an asset)
- Working knowledge of database design and data modeling principles
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services and Business Intelligence
- Previous experience with data warehouses / data marts and ETL tool experience an asset
- Performance Tuning, Patching, Upgrades & cloning
- MSSQL and PL/SQL Skills
- ANALYTICAL THINKING – The ability to comprehend a situation by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues.
- COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK – Develops cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties.
- COMMUNICATION: OPEN – Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality information flows smoothly up and down, inside and outside; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING – Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer’s needs effectively.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- INITIATIVE – Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities.
- PROBLEM SOLVING – Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on one’s knowledge and experience base, and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE – Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one’s job effectively.
Deadline 27th July 2022